Director of Ticketing – Roundabout Theatre Co.
WHO: Roundabout Theatre Company
POSITION: Director of Ticketing
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Ticketing is responsible for the successful management and execution of all systems necessary to manage ticket inventory and fulfill ticketing orders at Roundabout Theatre Company. Reporting to the Director of Audience Services, this position directly oversees all aspects of ticketing, including system programming, pricing, printing/delivery, and box office operations for five performance venues and an annual audience of over 600,000. This position works closely with members of all departments, with emphasis on the Call Center, Marketing, Development, Information Technology (IT), and Finance.
This individual should have excellent management, analytical, reporting, and organizational skills. A strong knowledge of Tessitura is preferred, with a lesser emphasis on knowledge of the STAR system.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with the Director of Audience Services and supervise Ticketing staff to ensure that all subscription and single ticket orders are successfully fulfilled and distributed in a timely and organized fashion, including printed tickets by mail/will call as well as print-at-home.
• Oversee event setup within Tessitura, including initial setup, on-sales, variable pricing, and special promotions. Ensure that all work is completed efficiently, with an eye toward accurate reporting and maximum ease of use for front-end users.
• Manage the cohesive operation of four box offices at the following venues: American Airlines Theatre, Studio 54, The Harold & Miriam Steinberg Center for Theatre (containing the Laura Pels Theatre and Black Box Theatre), and Stephen Sondheim Theatre.
• Serve as Roundabout’s primary ticketing liaison between renters of the Stephen Sondheim Theatre and Shubert Ticketing/Telecharge, with support from the Sondheim Theatre Treasurers.
• Work closely with members of the IT Department, including Web and Application Support (Tessitura), to develop and maintain uniform ticketing processes in Tessitura, and to ensure that online ticketing is optimized and fully functional at all times.
• Work with Finance to ensure that all revenue from ticketed admissions is properly attributed to the appropriate account within the general ledger.
• Remain current on all trends in the area of ticketing for the performing arts and live event industries.
Special skills required:
• 5+ years of experience in managing ticketing operations for the performing arts and/or live events
• A strong passion for systems of organization
• Extensive knowledge of ticketing systems, with knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred
• Strong communication, management, analytical, and reporting skills
• A personable and collaborative spirit
• Impeccable attention to detail, excelling in organizing and prioritizing
To Apply: Please forward cover letter and resume which must include salary requirements (word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org – code DT1013.