Producing Associate – American Conservatory Theater
WHO: American Conservatory Theater
POSITION: Producing Associate
DESCRIPTION: American Conservatory Theater (LORT A) seeks individual to work with the General Manager in the areas of negotiating and formulating contracts, contract maintenance and implementation. The Producing Associate participates in almost every aspect of producing and company management as well as providing support to the programming and special projects occurring in the Artistic Department. The Producing Associate is integrally involved in the administration and operation of the A.C.T. fellowship program, which covers both production and administrative fellows.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist with hiring of show-by-show employees, including designers, actors & directors: produce deal memos and/or telephone/written offers; generate, track and follow up on contracts and offers; communicate contract details to affected individuals and departments as needed; acquire work visas, if necessary, for non-resident aliens.
• Provide producing and administrative support to producing and artistic departments: maintain files and records of agreements with third parties; ensure timely payments of expenses; assist with monthly forecasting and formulating budgets; provide producing support for new play development program.
• Communicate with theatrical unions: Respond to Union and/or employer issues and questions; prepare benefits reports (weekly cycles); prepare annual season renewal and employment reports to unions and other organizations as requested.
• Contract maintenance: Provide weekly payroll information; process payments for agent’s commissions and corporate employees; track contract process, including payment schedules for designers, directors, co-producing agreements and play royalties.
• Facilitate A.C.T fellowship program: coordinate season-long, company-wide Fellowship program.
Personality and general skills are more important than specific experience and education. However, previous experience with theater production or administration is helpful and desirable, as is familiarity with the rules and regulations of the various theatrical unions. The position requires excellent writing and communications skills, as the Producing Associate will be largely responsible for creating contracts and other administrative communications as well as talking with agents and other representatives.
To Apply: Letter including salary requirements, resume & references:
Producing Associate Search
Attn: Human Resources
30 Grant Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94108-5834
Via e-mail at email@example.com