Associate Producer – Vineyard Theatre
WHO: Vineyard Theatre
POSITION: Associate Producer
DESCRIPTION: Vineyard Theatre is an acclaimed Off-Broadway, non-profit theatre company dedicated to new work, bold programming, and the support of artists. One of America’s preeminent centers for the development and production of new plays and musicals, the Vineyard has consistently premiered groundbreaking works by both new and established writers, including Paula Vogel, Nicky Silver, Adam Rapp, Jenny Schwartz, Tarell Alvin McCraney, Colman Domingo, Will Eno, Lynn Nottage and more. Notable Vineyard premieres include AVENUE Q, THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS, [title of show], HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE, THREE TALL WOMEN, MIDDLETOWN, THE LYONS and more. It is our goal to bring a spirit of adventure and risk to the art of making theatre, and we’re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards including special OBIE, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel Awards for Sustained Excellence.
The Vineyard Theatre seeks an Associate Producer (AP), a new position working together with the Vineyard team. The AP will play a role in producing with a focus on company management as well as providing administrative support to the programming and special projects at The Vineyard.
Essential duties and responsibilities include: serving as Company Manager for all shows in The Vineyard’s season by providing show coverage, acting as company and box office liaison, facilitating artist and crew collaboration and communication, and coordinating facility management with the Production Manager. The AP will attend tech and production meetings throughout the season, line produce and manage the calendar for Artistic Development workshops, readings and rentals and communicate information and needs to the Vineyard team. The AP will also assist in coordinating artistic aspects of special events, such as the Annual Benefit Gala. The ability to work on evenings and weekends during production periods is essential.
The ideal candidate will bring:
– 3-5 years artistic administration and/or general/company management experience in a non-profit performing arts organization
– A passion for developing new work and knowledge of the NYC artistic community
– Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, excellent follow-up skills, experience with ticketing systems a plus
– An ability to communicate successfully with artists, board members and other stakeholders
– Capacity to translate artistic needs and values into institutional strategies
– A sense of humor and a calm confident presence during chaotic production periods
– A personality willing to “jump in” whenever and however needed to get the job done
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Vineyard Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.