Company Manager – Asolo Repertory Theatre
WHO: Asolo Repertory Theatre
POSITION: Company Manager
As a key member of the Artistic team, the Company Manager oversees and supports all aspects of visiting artists’ residencies and other guests of the theatre as well as assists the General Manager on projects that further the operations and growth of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Actively support a positive quality of life of all members of the company.
– Keep informed of Theatre’s personnel policies; proper medical/emergency information and procedures; and union rules governing housing, transportation and scheduling.
– Be available and on call as scheduled for issues and/or emergencies that may arise.
Prepare and mail advance information concerning the theatre, its housing accommodations, and pertinent travel information to guest artists as required.
– Provide and, when necessary, accompany guest artists for doctor’s appointments, shopping and other errands as required.
– Make all air and ground travel arrangements for all guest artists.
– Assign housing and transportation, long or short-term, for guest artists and apprentices, within theatre’s contractual obligations.
– Distribute apartment keys and maintain their inventory.
– Maintain a regular presence in order to be accessible for all company artists.
– Schedule maintenance and cleaning for company housing; launder linens as needed; manage payment requests; and create and/or monitor rental and conduct agreements for all company housing and vehicles
– Schedule maintenance and cleaning for company vehicles.
– Track expenses related to company management functions and maintain accurate records.
– Provide support for Board of Directors including meetings and events as needed.
– Provide support for Asolo Rep staff events and other departmental events as needed.
– Take on other responsibilities and/or special projects as assigned by the General Manager and Artistic Administrator.
Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, and give great attention to detail;
Exceptional people skills and ability to communicate comfortably with a wide variety of personalities;
Very strong computer skills and knowledge using primarily MS Outlook, Word and Excel are a necessity; some desktop publishing skills a plus.
One to two years of theatre or related arts company management experience.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references Lauren Groves, Artistic Administrator Lauren_Groves@asolo.org