Development Assistant – Pilobolus Dance Theater
WHO: Pilobolus Dance Theater
POSITION: Development Assistant
DESCRIPTION: Pilobolus seeks a Development Assistant
Scope of work: Assisting all activities related to raising financial and other kinds of support for Pilobolus to enable its artistic creations, educational programming, and operations
– Cultivating positive relationships with board members, donors, prospective donors, fans, program officers, vendors, students, and any other kind of company relationship
– Hosting and helping board members and other supporters of the company (eg. securing tickets, giving tours, arranging gifts, greeting, etc)
– Assisting with board meeting preparation, including preparation of information packets, presentations, scheduling, and other correspondence
– Managing board lists, contact information, and reports
– Producing/managing cultivation events, open rehearsals, private parties, and smaller fundraising events, including managing pre-determined event budgets and managing RSVPs
– Assisting with event management of large fundraising events
– Managing grant calendar
– Producing grant applications by pulling together ancillary materials and drafting basic narratives
– Researching individuals, foundations, data, other organizations and programs in the field, etc.
– Producing mailing campaigns in coordination with marketing department
– Producing creative content for regular donor communications
– Maintaining the company’s donor and fan database in SalesForce and continually ensuring the database integrity
Operational, programmatic, and executive assistance:
– Entering income and expenses into Development budget tracker
– Maintaining and updating Pilobolus’s development documents, files, and archives
– Helping Co-ED manage project timelines
– Taking meeting minutes as needed
– Attending various company programs, such as performances, special events, and educational programs, at times in evenings and on weekends
– Drafting letter and email correspondence on behalf of the Co-ED
– Reconciling expense reports for the Co-ED
– Performing other supportive tasks as needed
Undergraduate degree, with at least 2 years of experience in arts administration; experience in fundraising preferred; experience with SalesForce highly desired.
– Having a high level of interpersonal skills
– Contributing creative ideas and realizing others’ ideas
– Handling sensitive / confidential issues with discretion
– Assessing / managing multiple competing priorities; working well under pressure; managing one’s own time and others’ time well; proactively solving problems and thinking analytically; completing multiple projects successfully
– Writing clearly and effectively; proofreading perfectly
– Fastidiously attending to detail
– Being an organized thinker, writer, and arranger of material things
– Having a sense of taste and style
Supervised by and works closely with Co-Executive Director, Development; interacts daily with staff members in marketing, production, and financial management, as well as all others on the staff of 20 and multiple casts of performers and touring technicians.
This is a full time, salaried position with generous benefits package including: a group health plan (including dental) with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, paid time off and an optional 403(b) plan.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume, along with salary history and/or requirement (in MS Word, PDF or plain text format) with “Development Assistant“ as the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.