Why shows buy billboards in Times Square.
Who doesn’t love an infographic?
You know what an infographic is, right? They’re those cool cartoony-lookin’ squares of statistics on a certain subject that give you gobs of info in a glance.
The smarty-marketing folks over at Adweek put together an awesome IG last week that is applicable to everyone who advertises on billboards in Times Square, whether you’re Coca-Cola or Chicago.
The graphic details all sorts of interesting information about why billboards are still such an important tool in the fight for a consumer’s dollar like:
- 60% of the visitors to Times Square spend more than 5 minutes looking at a billboard.
- 57% of visitors shared their Times Square experience through at least one social network.
- 89% of visitors said that “only the best brands advertise in Times Square.”
The above are just a few of the tidbits gleaned from this infographic that explains why these billboards can cost $10k or more per week. And they are worth it (especially the ones that face that TKTS booth).
Of course, a visitor to Times Square that sees a Coke billboard can carry that impression home with him and buy a Coke locally. The same guy that sees a Chicago billboard? Well, Chicago has got just a couple days to get his money. And that makes our billboards even more expensive than other ubiquitous brands – because Broadway can only be consumed in one place – Times Square.
Take a second and click on over to Adweek to see the full infographic. It’s not as big as a billboard, but it may actually be more valuable.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Need to raise money for your show? Get Raise It! My just released and guaranteed how-to guide. Click here.
– Come to our 10 Minute Play Festival! Click here to get tix.
– Win two tickets to see Hair at the Hollywood Bowl! Click here to enter.
– The next How to Raise Money Seminar is on August 16th. Click here to register.