A peek into an entertainment goer’s brain, thanks to Google.
You know what makes Google so powerful?
No, it’s not the billions of dollars. It’s the billions of bits of data.
Knowledge is power. And the more you know, the more you can earn (sounds like an entrepreneur’s public service announcement, doesn’t it?).
Thankfully, Google paid attention to PSAs when they were a kid and they also learned to share. Check out this infographic about the mind of the live entertainment consumer that The Goog created using all the search data it has at its e-fingerprints.
First the good news . . . interest in live entertainment is up (I’ve always hypothesized that as more and more 2D forms of entertainment (streaming, video games) pop up on more and more devices, the 3D/Live form will become more rare, more valuable and more sought out – and this theory might be coming true).
According the graphic, “queries” on Broadway and theater are up 10%! Woo-hoo! That’s a heck of a lot of leads. That means we have 10% more chances to sell tickets, increase attendance and add to our bottom lines. But how?
Here are some more juicy bits of info on converting those leads, along with my takeaways annotated with a KT (Ken’s Takeaway):
- The majority spends 2 weeks researching an event (KT: Sounds like a good time to pump up the advertising)
- 79% use smartphones at the beginning of their search for info (KT: Make sure that website is mobile responsive, people!)
- 25% of people who viewed a video said it affected their purchase decision (KT: Got video? On YouTube?)
- There has been a 50% increase in tickets purchased on smartphones (KT: I hope that mobile buying process is an easy one!)
- 66% of people attending an event engage in online activities during an event (KT: Your venue should have WiFi and the show should provide instructions on how to Facebook, Tweet, Instagram, etc.)
- 30% look up future events after they’ve attended an event (KT: The hook is baited, now get that consumer for life!)
There are a lot more tidbits on the graphic, so make sure you check it out here.
And tell me, what are your takeaways? What can we learn from the Google data troves?
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Learn the three fundamentals of Broadway Producing. Click here.
– Win 2 tickets to see Blue Man Group. Enter here.
– Get your show off the ground with this seminar on 9/20. Click here.
– Learn the secrets of raising money live on 9/27. Click here.