5 Takeaways from the latest Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar.
Two weeks ago, on one of the last beautiful days of the summer, eight passionate peeps sacrificed the sun to get together with me and work on something that would keep them smiling through the dark days of winter: their project!
That’s right, it was my Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar!
And it was a great one. We had discussions about networking, about how to fill the seats of your showcase with Producers, and we even had a comic book superhero make an appearance.
As usual, my trusty associate, Kayla, jotted down some of my Kenisms throughout the seminar so I could post them here.
Here are five takeaways from the seminar, that hopefully can help you as you endeavor to get your show up on its feet:
- Using a video of your show to try and sell it to investors and producers is like using a screwdriver to hammer in a nail. It can work, but it’s not the best tool for the job.
- When trying to get an investor to invest in your show, think like a drug dealer. Give them just a little taste, so they come back to you wanting more.
- Investors look for a reason to say no – so don’t give it to them!
- The best thing about theater is that you can constantly make it better. The worst thing about theater is that you can constantly make it better.
- Think you need a new writer for your show but afraid to give up that much control? Sometimes, you don’t need to give up your baby for adoption if it’s a little sickly. Just bring in a doctor.
Want more takeaways?
I just compiled a free Ebook of the My Top 50 Tips from all of the Get Your Show Off The Ground seminars that I’ve taught over the last 6 years. Get all 50 here. I guarantee there is at least one takeaway that suits you and your show.
And if you want more info on the seminar, including how to register for the next one (December 13th!), click here. There are only four slots left so register today.
And get those free 50 takeaways here!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Only 19 days until the Breaking Down a Broadway Budget webinar. Click here to register.
– Want Bedbugs? Tickets, that is. Click here.