The Most Popular Posts of the Month: November
Time for that monthly summary of what got your attention last month here at The Producer’s Perspective:
- The most read post of the month: My Take on Non Union Tours: Part II – Where Are These Tours Headed?
- The most commented on post of the month: My Take on Non Union Tours: Part I – A History
- The comment of the month is from Victoria Forseth and was in response to The Secret to Making More People Fall in Love With Your Show.
You totally hit the nail on the head, Ken! I was just thinking about this exact thing the other day, when I was contemplating what would compel me to invest in a show. One of the best examples I have experienced personally was seeing WICKED for the first time, shortly before Idina Menzel left the show. When she sang Defying Gravity, the tears were streaming down my face and I thought I was going to fall out of my seat – for the exact reason you mentioned. Then I felt my successful, well-to-do, businessman husband, who was sitting next to me, reaching over and yanking the tissues out of my hand because he was sobbing too! Do we live in Oz? No. Are our faces green? No. But that song/scene TOTALLY touched and connected with us, big time!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Come to my 7th Annual Producer’s Perspective Social on 12/11! Click here to RSVP.
– Need help Geting Your Show Off the Ground? Come to my seminar on 12/13. Click here.
– Win two tickets to see Sticks and Bones! Click here.