Podcast Episode #8 – How to win a Tony Award for Best Musical (TWICE) with Broadway Producer Hal Luftig
Yes, my blog and subsequent podcast is called The Producer’s Perspective.
And yes, as crazy as it sounds, I haven’t had a Broadway Producer on the podcast!
And how fitting that our first Producer on the podcast is the first Producer I worked for as a Broadway Company Manager . . . none other than Hal Luftig, who has already been to the podium twice to collect Best Musical Tony Awards for Thoroughly Modern Millie (the one I worked on) and Kinky Boots (which I’m a Producer on).
But Hal has seen all sides of the business, having worked his way up from working in an Off Broadway Theater, and subsequently producing Off Broadway shows, until he started producing big Broadway ones.
And now he’s going to tell you all his secrets, including . . .
- What he believes modern Producers need to know to succeed.
- How Audra McDonald is helping him cross something off his bucket list.
- The wise words his therapist of a husband has told him that keeps him going through the tough times.
- The secret to campaigning for a Best Musical Tony Award.
You’re gonna learn a lot from this podcast . . . and if you’re like me, you’re also gonna be super inspired.
Enjoy Hal! (And don’t forget to subscribe, because next week I speak to one of the most powerful people in the biz . . . a theater owner. Which one? Tune in to find out!)
Listen to it here.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Win a party pack of tickets to my new show, That Bachelorette Show! Click here.
– Need help Getting Your Show Off the Ground? Come to my seminar on March 14th! Click here.