Podcast Episode #5 – Marketing Magic with The Wizard of Spotco, Drew Hodges.
Sure you can study marketing in school. You can even read books about it like I do.
But there’s really only one way to master Broadway marketing, and that’s to do it. And a lot of it.
There aren’t too many people in the world that have worked on the advertising and marketing for more Broadway shows than Drew Hodges and his industry leader of a company, SpotCo. Just look at their credits!
All those shows make Drew a master with a capital M. And we snagged him for episode 5. Whoo! Whoo!
If you asked me what the one skill I think a modern day Producer should have, it’s marketing . . . which is why this podcast is a crucial one for you to listen to. Listen to Drew talk about . . .
- His process for creating the art for a show.
- What he thinks about research and focus groups. Are they the future? Or should you forget about ’em?
- How Producers should work with their agencies, and how they shouldn’t.
Are you ready for your magical marketing master class?
Listen to it here.
Listen on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Read the transcript here.
And subscribe to this sucker, already, will ya? Because next week, I’ve got our most controversial guest yet. Stay tuned.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Win a hot Valentine’s Day date with the NY Philharmonic! Click here.
– New to Producing? Learn how to get started with Producing 101.
– Like this blog? Like me on Facebook! Click here!