Podcast Episode #22 – A Broadway Producing Master Pod-Class with Kevin McCollum.
In The Heights.
Any Producer would dream about producing ONE of those shows.
My guest on this week’s podcast produced all three.
I mean, come on, right?
But wait, there’s more . . . how about The Drowsy Chaperone. The West Side Story revival. Motown The Musical. And more.
Listen in to this week’s podcast to hear Producer Kevin McCollum (who has two terrific shows in the hunt for a Tony this season with Hand to God and Something Rotten!) talk about everything from . . .
- Why his formula for success is no formula at all.
- What Cameron Mackintosh said to him when Kevin auditioned for Les Miserables.
- Why raising money is still a lot of work, no matter how many shows you recoup.
- His simple advice for anyone looking to start producing today.
- His message for every politician in every small town in America.
And as you can probably guess for someone with this many shows under his belt, there’s a whole lot more packed into this podcast. Honestly, I was learning so much as Kevin spoke, I forgot I was recording the dang thing.
But don’t worry, I got every word, every golden nugget of advice . . . and it’s all for you.
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –