Podcast Episode #31: Presenter Al Nocciolino puts the “road” in bROADway.
After I recorded my podcast with Booking Agent Steve Schnepp, I knew I wanted to chat with a Broadway Tour “Presenter.” I asked a few of my peers which Presenter they thought best repped the road, and had the experience, intelligence and all around good-guyness to be a great guest.
Every single person I asked answered, “Al Nocciolino.”
And after you listen to this week’s episode, you’ll understand why.
Al is one of the Independent Presenters out there that helped build the modern touring market. And his passion for what he does is evident in every single one of his answers in this episode, where we discuss everything from . . .
- What exactly is a “Presenter” anyway?
- The process of how shows get booked on the road (Do they need a NY run or not?).
- Why a Touring Presenter is like an Artistic Director.
- Does non-union touring have a place in the market?
- The Independent Presenters Network, and how it’s changing the touring landscape.
Broadway isn’t just a ten block radius in Times Square. It’s all over this country . . . and now, all over the world.
Producers would do well to study the road . . . and there is no better Professor than Al Nocciolino.
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Win a free FringeNYC VIP Pass worth $1,000! Click here.
– Like the blog? Like me on Facebook! Click here.
– Did you know I wrote a book about raising money? Click here.