Podcast Episode #41: The Chairman of NBC Entertainment, Robert Greenblatt.
Robert “Bob” Greenblatt is one of the most powerful people in our business.
And he doesn’t even work in our biz.
Bob runs NBC. Yep, that NBC. You know, one of the big three television networks. Home of America’s Got Talent, Sunday Night Football . . . Saturday Night Live.
And under his watch, also home of Smash, The Sound of Music Live, Peter Pan Live, the upcoming The Wiz . . . and who knows what other Broadway-themed entertainment Bob is cookin’ up? But whatever he’s got in mind, expect it to be good, and expect it to help continue to expand Broadway’s growin’ brand. And we owe him a big thank you for that.
I was able to thank him in person when he came to our office for this enlightening podcast about Broadway, television and their juxtaposition. Listen in to hear Bob talk about . . .
- How does one get to be the Chairman of a network anyway?
- What he’d do differently if he were producing 9 to 5 again (Bob was the lead Producer of the Dolly musical).
- The reaction he got when he told his team he wanted to air a musical on NBC . . . live . . . and how he got the courage to do it anyway.
- Could a reality casting show work on network TV?
- How developing a television show is similar to developing a Broadway show.
And lastly, you’ll hear a prediction at the end of the podcast from me, about how I expect Broadway to go through yet another growth period in a few years, and what will be the cause (hint, hint, it has something to do with today’s podcast guest).
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
Next week’s guest is none other than the Tony Award-winning hit maker, Director/Choreographer Casey Nicholaw, so subscribe today so you don’t miss out!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Looking to Shape Up the latest draft of your musical or play? Join our writer’s workshop! Click here.
– Win 2 tickets to Who’s Your Baghdaddy? Off-Broadway! Click here.
– Need help Getting Your Show Off the Ground? Come to my seminar on Saturday! Only 3 spots left, so click here to register now.