The Sunday Giveaway: Two tickets to Story Pirates!
The only thing cooler than a Pirate . . . is a Story Pirate.
Here’s how it works:
1. Story Pirates is a theater company/non-profit/fun bunch that gets school kids to write stories.
2. Then they invite those kids to the theater where the stories are performed by pro actors and improvisers.
3. Much fun and inspiration is had by all.
They’re an incredible company that has been around since 2003, and has fans like Conan O’Brien and Jon Stewart. Yep, so you know how The Simpsons and The Lion King can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike? So can Story Pirates.
Oh, wait there’s one more.
4. You can win two tickets to see them in action in this Sunday’s giveaway!
Improv is a big part of what Story Pirates do, as is story creation. So we’re going to do an improvisational story creation right here on this blog. You ready?
It’s simple. I’m going to write a simple sentence below. The first person to comment is going to write a second sentence continuing my story. The third will do the same. The fourth will do the same. And so on and so on. For example . . .
Me: Once upon a time there was a girl named Penny.
1st Commenter: She was named Penny because her father owned a penny arcade.
2nd Commenter: But the arcade closed when her uncle opened a quarter arcade.
Get it? So when you read this blog, look at the LAST comment written and add on to the story.
Ok. Let’s see if we can do this. I believe in us. I believe in us. Keep that story going now.
Here we go! The story starts as . . .
One upon a time there was Veterinarian named Dr. Bob.
First commenter, go!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Looking to Shape Up the latest draft of your musical or play? Join our writer’s workshop starting tomorrow! There’s only 1 spot left, so click here to register today.
– Listen to Podcast Episode 42 with Broadway Director-Choreographer Casey Nicholaw! Click here.
– Want to learn the ins and outs of Broadway Investing? Click here to sign up for my Broadway Investing seminar on 11/7.