The Sunday Giveaway: The “Be A Broadway Star” Board Game!
Just in time for the holidays, it’s a Be A Broadway Star board game giveaway!
Be A Broadway Star is one of my most favorite “shower ideas.” The story of its creation goes like this . . . a long time ago, and in a galaxy called The Upper West Side, my then girlfriend/now wife came home from a party with a bunch of theater friends. I asked her what they did at the party and she said they played Apples to Apples.
And that made no sense to me. Why would theater people be playing a non-theater game?
Oh wait, because there wasn’t one.
And then I thought, while standing in the shower, doodling on my shower door, as I often do . . . what if there were a Broadway board game? If I could get more people across the
country world playing a Broadway board game, rather than Apples to Apples wouldn’t that help my mission of amplifying the conversation about Broadway?
So I did it.
And Be A Broadway Star was born. And four years later, I’m proud to say that my little shower idea is now the #1 Broadway Gift on Amazon.com. (Which by the way, is a reminder that if you’ve got a shower idea – and if you’re reading this blog then you probably have 153 of them – put one into action, you never know what will happen.)
To celebrate our fifth anniversary of the game, we’re giving one away today! Give it as a gift, keep it for yourself, whatever you choose, it’s your game.
If you win . . .
And how do you win?
Everyone’s favorite part of the board game (which is part charades, part celebrity and a little bit of Life) is the interactive “Make or Break” cards. Draw one of those suckers and you’re faced with any number of challenges like . . .
- Leave the room, and then re-enter like a Hero saying, “Here I come to save the day!”
- You run into Bernie Telsey in an elevator while he’s casting for a Sondheim musical. Sing anything Sondheim. Go!
- Tommy Tune is casting a new tap show. Show us what you got. Don’t know tap? Fake it like you mean it.
You get the idea? (And in the game, your fellow players decide if you “make it” or “break it.”)
Give us your idea for a new Make or Break card in the comments below and you could win a game. And hey, maybe you’ll see your idea in the next edition of Be A Broadway Star.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Have a question about producing you’ve been dying to ask me? Sign up for my free Town Hall Teleseminar on 12/2! Click here.
– Only 64 performances left of Spring Awakening. Get your tickets today! Click here.
– Have you listened to the new Daddy Long Legs cast album yet? Click here to download it!