Podcast Episode #56: An illuminating chat with Tony Award-winning Lighting Designer, Ken Billington
Ok, let’s play a bit of Broadway trivia.
How many Broadway credits do you think my guest for today’s podcast, lighting designer Ken Billington (Chicago, The Scottsboro Boys, The Drowsy Chaperone), has? 20? 30? Could it be 50?
To find out the answer you’re going to have to listen to the ‘cast . . . but don’t worry, in addition to getting that amazing answer, you’ll also hear one of the industry’s best lighting designers talk about . . .
- How he prepares to light a show before he even sees a rehearsal.
- How Directors should work with lighting (and all) designers.
- The incredible changes in the lighting industry over the past 3 decades . . . and what’s coming next.
- How to speed up the “bidding” process and save money.
- One of my favorite answers to my “Genie” question and how I’m going to steal it.
Talking with Ken reminded me of how important it is that everyone on your team do their absolute best work if you want a successful show. And of course, it’s the producer’s job to make sure the environment for that great work exists.
And now, curtain up! And light the lights with Ken Billington’s podcast!
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Listen to Podcast Episode #55 with Pulitzer Prize-Winning Book Writer & Director James Lapine! Click here.
– Want to learn the ins and outs of Broadway Investing? Sign up for my Broadway Investing 101 webinar on 2/23! Click here.
– Win 2 tickets to My Big Gay Italian Midlife Crisis! Click here.