Podcast Episode 66 – Broadway Press Agent and Tony Award Honoree, Adrian Bryan-Brown.
This is the time of year when Press Agents especially are working overtime. Not only are there all those big Broadway shows opening on top of one another as we approach the Tony Award cutoff cliff (and only a handful of Press Agents to handle them), but then there are the awards themselves. And jockeying for position in the race for the Drama Desk, Outer Critics and, of course, the Tony, has these guys and gals working the phones and the cocktail parties more than ever.
That’s why we’re all lucky that Adrian Bryan-Brown, one of the partners in the mega firm, Boneau/Bryan-Brown (The Book of Mormon, Spring Awakening, Something Rotten!, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, and so many more), sat down with me to share his thoughts about Broadway “spinsters” including:
- Why the primary job of a Press Agent is the same as a Playwright.
- How making ice cream cakes at Carvel led to his career as a Press Agent.
- What will press look like on Broadway in 20 years?
- How social media makes everyone a spokesperson and what Producers need to do about that.
- His take on Critics. Why they matter . . . or don’t.
Press is an art. And every agent has their own style. Listen in to this podcast to hear Adrian’s unique style, and how you can apply it to get press for your show or your career.
As someone who has hired Adrian, let me tell you . . . it works.
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Get everything you need to help get your show off the ground when you join TheProducersPerspectivePro for free. Join the club today.
– Submit your play to the 4th Annual Davenport Theatrical 10 Minute Play Contest by Friday, April 15th for the chance to win $500! Click here.