Podcast Episode 74 – The Tony-Nominated Triple Threat, Lonny Price!
You’re probably used to hearing the phrase “triple threat” when talking about Actor/Singer/Dancers.
You’ve probably never heard of the phrase used to describe Actor/Writer/Directors. You know why? Because there are so few of them.
I captured one of the few A/W/Ds in the world and smuggled him into my office, strapped him to a chair, and made him share all of his wisdom . . . all for you!
You guessed it . . . that other kind of triple threat is none other than the Actor who starred in the original production of Merrily We Roll Along, the writer of A Class Act, the Director of Lady Day, and so much more . . . Mr. Lonny Price.
Listen to Lonny talk about his triple threatness, as well as . . .
- What it was like working with his heroes Hal Prince and Stephen Sondheim on Merrily We Roll Along, and why he’ll never direct it himself.
- What he thinks is the most important skill to have as a director.
- Gossip alert! Is his production of Sunset Boulevard with Glenn Close on its way to Broadway? Or not???
- Why he’s not intimidated by big stars. (And he has worked with the biggest.)
- Why he believes every stage production should be filmed and preserved.
Lonny is one of those people that was destined for a success in our biz. The theater and how it works is just part of his DNA, which is why he has been able to be such a success in so many different areas. Thankfully he was generous enough to talk to me (with or without being strapped into a chair) so we can all soak up his secrets.
Enjoy the podcast!
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And give me a rating, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Only 9 performances left of Daddy Long Legs. Get your tickets today! Click here.
– Only 11 days left to enter The Producer’s Perspective Tony Pool for a chance to win up to $1,000 in Broadway tickets! Click here.
– Help Deaf West Theatre’s Spring Awakening perform on the Tonys! 12 days left to donate and $127,456 to go! Click here to watch our cast and company tell you why it’s important for you to support our efforts.