The Most Popular Posts of the Month: June
Time for that monthly summary of what got your attention last month here at The Producer’s Perspective:
- The most commented on post of the month: It’s gonna be “Game Night” on Broadway. What’s next?
- The most read post of the month: My Top 5 Favorite Moments of the 2016 Tony Awards.
- The comment of the month is from Stephanie Ross and was in response to Walmart is bringing back what we should have in the first place.
I’m curious about the logistics of this in Broadway houses. It always feels like such a rushed, chaotic time – entering the theatre with crowds of people, trying to get to the bathroom/bar before the show starts, finding your seat. And then the mad rush to get out once the show is over.I think it could work well in smaller, more intimate settings. But for Broadway houses, you’d almost need a team of greeters, equally distributed throughout the theatre, yet not in the way.It’s a good idea! (And it’s nice to see that regional theatres are already doing this.) It would add a great personal touch to the theatre going experience, and could be very successful – especially at getting patrons to come back, if they feel personally welcomed and attended to.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Listen to Podcast Episode 78 with Tony Award-Winning Stage Manager, Peter Lawrence! Click here.
– Win two tickets to see West Side Story with the LA Philharmonic! Click here.
– Get everything you need to help get your show off the ground when you join TheProducersPerspectivePro for free. Join the club today.