Podcast Episode 87 – Six-Time Tony Award-Winning Producer, Richard Frankel
When I was building my business, I looked around at other Broadway production companies to get ideas for the type of company that I wanted to have . . . from the products they produced, to the structure of the company, to the people and the partners.
And I always came back to Richard Frankel.
Richard came up through the ranks of Broadway, before winning his six Tonys for shows like The Producers, Hairspray, and Company. And he sat down with me to talk to me about just how he built his company, as well as . . .
- How he and his partners raised money for their first show in an afternoon.
- Why he prefers to do things (GM, booking, etc.) in house.
- How he got Mel Brooks to give him the chance to produce The Producers (and it was a lot easier than you think).
- Why he prefers small investors to big investors.
- The origins of the premium ticket and why it’s important to have them.
If you’re building a company . . . or you’re just interested in hearing how one of the most successful Broadway production companies survives and thrives in our ever-changing environment, listen in to Mr. Richard Frankel tell all.
Click here to listen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Click here to read the transcript.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – – –
– Enter the Sunday Giveaway to win two free tickets to Shear Madness! Click here to enter.
– Get everything you need to help get your show off the ground when you join TheProducersPerspectivePro for free. Join the club today.