Podcast Episode 115 – Scott Ellis.
Take a look at Scott Ellis’ IBDB page, and you’ll be quick to say, “I want that career. How do I get it?”
Listen to this podcast, and you’ll hear that Scott didn’t sit around waiting for anyone to give him anything. He literally walked up and grabbed his career, that now includes eight Tony nominations for shows like She Loves Me, You Can’t Take It With You, Curtains, 12 Angry Men, and more.
He does plays, he does musicals, he does television . . . and he does it all well.
Luckily for us, he also does podcasts, which is why I grabbed him (literally) and asked him to share the details for how he got to the A-list status he enjoys now, and how he still has to work to keep it.
Listen in and hear Scott tell all, including . . .
- How he got the courage (as a chorus boy!) to walk up to Kander and Ebb and ask to direct a revival of one of their shows . . . and what they said!
- Why he believes casting is 70% of a Director’s job.
- Why he loves to say, “I don’t know,” during rehearsals.
- What is in his will and how it can help YOU.
- The best lesson he ever learned about putting a show together.
There are a ton of lessons in this podcast, and from Scott’s career . . . several of which I’m going to try and remember as I go about my day today, and you should too.
Click above for the link to my podcast with Scott!
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review, while you’re there!)
Download it here.
Sorry about the sound issues in this podcast. We found the bug and fixed it in later episodes. It gets better, I promise 🙂