Podcast Episode #168 – Tony Nominated Director & Choreographer Bobby Longbottom.
You might think you know Bobby Longbottom from his Tony-nominated Side Show or his work as the Director and Choreographer of one of the largest shows on the planet, The Radio City Christmas Spectacular . . . that’s how I knew him mostly.
But when you listen to this podcast and realize how he got to where he is today, you’ll realize there’s so much more to this art-trepreneur than his resume.
Bobby went from singer to dancer to choreographer to director, literally without missing a beat, because of an “I’ll figure it out” attitude and by making his own opportunities, including the off-broadway smash Pageant and the aforementioned Side Show.
He didn’t wait to get hired. He found a way to hire himself.
We talked about the importance of entrepreneurship in this business as well as . . .
- How to make a transition from one career to another inside the Broadway biz (which isn’t always the most supportive of that kind of change).
- The origins of Side Show.
- How he convinced people to give him a shot . . . when they really shouldn’t have (according to him).
- The process of choreographing a great big, fat, opening number – what do you do first?
- Why things take so long to develop in 2018 and what we can do about it?
Enjoy the podcast, I hope it inspires you to start something as much as it inspired me.
Click here for my podcast with Bobby!
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.