Podcast Episode 177 – A Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer Who Also Trains Broadway Producers.
But what I love about his trajectory is that he got his start producing some of the smallest shows that Off-Broadway had ever seen.
And worked his way up. (If that sounds familiar, it’s what I did too . . . and what I recommend all startup Producers (and startup anythings, actually) do).
It’s fitting that Tom is also the Executive Director of The Commerical Theater Institute, which helps train Broadway Producers To Be.
We talked about how producing has changed over the years as well as . . .
- What’s wrong with Off Broadway today? And can it be fixed?
- How to learn from the shows that don’t work.
- The most important skill a Broadway Producer must have.
- The advantages of taking small investors and how he built his database.
- What real estate and Broadway producing have in common.
Click above for my podcast with Tom!
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.