Podcast Episode 180 — Two Time Tony Award Winning, Multi-Faceted Musical Guru, Stephen Oremus
Which ONE of these things would mean that you’ve “made it” in our biz?
- You’re from the theater and you’re asked to work on The Academy Awards.
- You win not one, but two Tonys.
- Lady Gaga gives you a shout out during one of her concerts.
Just one of the above would probably make you think, “Ok, I’ve arrived. I’m good. Check please.” Am I right?
Well, what if all THREE of those things happened to you?
Stephen and I chatted about these three career peaks of his, as well as:
- The job of a Musical Director and what makes a good one.
- How working with Lady Gaga differs from working with Stephen Schwartz.
- What makes a “hit” song and how he knows when he’s working on one.
- His role in the creative process.
- The frustrating thing about long-running shows on Broadway.
Click above for my podcast with Stephen.
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.