Podcast Episode 188 – Tony Nominated Choreographer, Josh Bergasse
Josh and I talked about creating your own luck and that to become a success you have to “never stop dancing,” as well as . . .
- Why the lack of pressure on himself landed him his first gig and so many more.
- How that pressure increases when you’ve achieved more and how you deal with it to keep moving ahead.
- Why choreographers should be engaged early on in musicals (this one changed my thinking about hiring altogether).
- The process of making a “dance” and what the most important elements are.
- His experience on the TV show Smash and why it isn’t still running today.
Dance is more of an essential element in musicals than most of us non-dancers realize. That’s why it’s important for us un-coordinated types to listen to experts like Josh to make sure we’re incorporating it into what we do.
So, 5, 6, 7, 8, click here for my podcast with Josh!
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.
This episode of The Producer’s Perspective podcast is sponsored by Sunlight Studios – the newest studio space in the theater district. Use code DAVENPORT to get 5% off all bookings for the next four weeks! www.SunlightStudios.com