Podcast Episode 190 — The Tony Nominated Composer/Lyricist, Streamin’ Paul Gordon!
I put a little something new into the podcast this week: music.
You’ll start hearing a bit of a tune from one of my guests’ shows in every episode going forward.
And Paul Gordon was the inspiration.
We were talking about his gorgeous tune, “Forgiveness” from Jane Eyre, and I so wanted to hear it right then I said, “We’re putting this in the damn podcast!” So you’ll hear a bit. (And if you want to hear more, go here to get the dang song.)
Paul‘s melodies are why I produced Daddy Long Legs. Music is the root word of musical, so if you don’t have great music, you should hang a poster on the wall at Joe Allen’s right away.
But Paul is much more than a brilliant Composer/Lyricist. He’s an incredible art-trepreneur who knows that having some Broadway shows doesn’t mean you can sit back and wait for the offers to come in.
We talked about what he does to get his work out there and more, including:
- How his super successful pop career writing songs taught him how to write great musical theater songs. (He reveals what pop songs he wrote and you won’t believe it!)
- Getting the courage to tell a Tony Winner that he didn’t want to change his show, even when he had never worked in the theater before!
- Why he started StreamingMusicals.com
as a way to showcase his and YOUR work – and how it already landed him a licensing deal.
- What he learned from his first Broadway show, Jane Eyre, and what he’d do differently next time.
- Where he gets his ideas and what he does first.
Click here for my podcast with Paul!