Episode 207 – The Lead Producer of Jagged Little Pill, Vivek Tiwary
Here’s all you need to know about Vivek Tiwary . . .
He had never lead produced a Broadway musical when he had sat down with Alanis Morissette and convinced her that he should be the one to develop a musical based on her best-selling album, Jagged Little Pill. (I mean, just getting the meeting would be a win in my book . . . but walking away with the rights?)
Alanis didn’t have to go with him. She could have called any Broadway Producer in all of Google and they would have leaped at the chance to put those songs on stage.
But she chose Vivek. Because, as you’ll hear in this podcast, he has that fantastic combination of passion, perseverance and business acumen (backed by a business degree from Wharton).
Oh, and did I mention that he also wrote a New York Times best-best-selling graphic novel called “The Fifth Beatle”?
I got the chance to sit down with the left-and-right brained Vivek and we talked about . . .
- What he said to Alanis at that meeting to get those rights.
- His path from Investor to Co-Producer to Producer.
- Why the secret to success in business is finding a niche . . . and what his is.
- What he learned in business school that he uses on Broadway.
- Why he believes it’s important to tell stories that are about what is happening NOW.
Enjoy the podcast, and if you haven’t see Jagged Little Pill yet . . . go!
And this week’s #SongwriterOfTheWeek is Drew Gasparini! If you enjoyed the outro song in this episode, go on over to www.thedrewgasparini.com or check him out on Instagram & Twitter @DrewGasparini.