Episode 209 – Alex Brightman
Everybody, say it with me . . . Alex Brightman. Alex Brightman. Alex Brightman.
And he appears!
I have an awesome treat for all of you.
The Producer’s Perspective Podcast team went on a field trip to host our first live show at BroadwayCon! And we stole Alex Brightman from the Winter Garden to chat with us for a bit.
Alex has been heavily involved in the collaborative process of not just one, but three shows: Big Fish, School of Rock, and Beetlejuice. And on this podcast, we talk about the influence an Actor can have (and should have) when creating a brand-spankin’ new musical.
During this “live” podcast (so yes, the sound will be different!), Alex and I discussed:
- Why accountability is needed for every writer
- What it’s like originating a role . . . the fun and the pressure
- Does he get nervous? (His answer will surprise you.)
- Whether or not TOO much development process can kill a show
- Why you need to be promoting your work . . . more than anyone else
Oh, and remember this is Alex Brightman, after all, so expect a few hearty chuckles as you listen.
Enjoy the podcast!
- Click above to listen!
- Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
- Download it here.
And this week’s #SongwriterOfTheWeek is Sam Salmond! If you enjoyed the outro song in this episode, go on over to www.samsalmond.com or check him out on Twitter @samsalmond.