Episode 210 – Time Out New York Drama Critic, Adam Feldman
Well, like so many of us, our favorite pastimes aren’t possible right now.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t figure out another way to enjoy what we love to do, which is why I couldn’t help but smile (a much needed one) when I read this article written by Adam, that one of his favorite piano bars was going virtual.
Something tells me that he had something to do with it.
You’ll hear all about Adam’s love for piano bars in this week’s podcast recorded BV (Before Virus), as well as some incredibly insightful comments about the current state of theatrical criticism, and . . .
- What the future holds for critics of the theater (and if anything)
- How he manages to see a hundred shows a year and keep a fresh perspective.
- What he looks for when he sees a show, and how that translates to his reviews.
- Chat rooms, blogs, and how they affected what he does.
- The process of writing a review and how that has changed over the years.
Enjoy the podcast! And stay safe and healthy!
- Click above to listen!
- Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
- Download it here.
And this week’s #SongwriterOfTheWeek is Michael Mott! If you enjoyed the outro song in this episode, go on over to https://www.michaelmott.net/ or check his out on Instagram & Twitter @michael_mott.
– – – – –
If you like these podcasts, you’ll love our brand new ProducersPerspectiveLIVE Chats with Industry greats like Sierra Boggess, Alan Cumming, Stephen Flaherty and more! Every night at 8 PM EDT during the Corona Crisis, I’ll be live streaming with a new Broadway star from all different professions on what they’re up to, how they’re getting through it, and what they’ll do on the other side. Click here for the full schedule!