Our Rave Theater Festival announces a new virtual “Social Distancing” Festival!
I told you we had some fun stuff in store!
Today, the Rave Theater Festival I founded last year is announcing another, interim festival, as we all look for stuff to keep us going and keep us creating during this crappy Corona crapstorm of crap.
That’s why we’re introducing the first-ever virtual “Social Distancing” festival, powered by Rave! And the winner of this video-only festival will wipe, er, walk away, with a year’s supply of toilet paper!*
As I said yesterday, I don’t want any TheaterMakers sitting around idle during the next several weeks. And I don’t want audiences who craze new material just watching Law & Order SVU (I promise you, you’ve seen them ALL.)
Enter Rave’s “Social Distancing” Festival!
Here’s how it works:
- By April 12 at 11:59 PM create something, anything, new, that is 5 minutes or less.
- That “something new” can be a song, a monologue, a dance piece, a puppet dance piece, a magic act, etc. It doesn’t matter. As long as it was created during this current Broadway shut down.
- Catch! Your piece must be related to the theme of “social distancing” – whatever that word means to you – it doesn’t necessarily have to be related to the virus.
- Record your new, original, “social distancing,” 5 minutes or less creation.
- Catch #2! When you record it, there can only be one person in the room on the screen. There can be no interaction with other people in the same room. Make sense? Either one person on camera performing the whole piece. Or, get creative. Overdub yourself. Use scene partners from Sri Lanka and splice them in. Whatever. But each “shot” used in the video can only include one person.
- Submit your piece via THIS LINK for FREE by April 12th at 11:59 PM.
- We’ll post ALL the videos on the RAVE Facebook page.
- People will watch. And the person with the most views by April 19th at 11:59 PM wins.
Now, what will that smart, talented social distancer win???
Why a “Survive The Theater Shut Down” Gift Pack!
That pack will include:
- A one year supply of toilet paper*
- A $100 Netflix Gift Card
- A $50 Uber Eats gift card
- An annual membership to TheaterMakersStudio.com (worth $1,970)
- A “Be A Broadway Star” board game
- A six-pack Of hand sanitizer*
- A paperback copy of War and Peace
* Only to be distributed when stock is aplenty.
But don’t concern yourself with those too much. Just create. Submit. And see what happens.