How to Watch This Year’s Tony Awards
It’s Tony Awards weekend!
If you’re like me, and I’m guessing you are, then you’ve been waiting for the 74th annual Tony Awards (which are technically last year’s) for a very long time.
You’ve probably noticed that the long-awaited broadcast is happening a little differently this year.
Well have no fear! I’ve put together a step-by-step list for everything you need to do to prepare for the theater industry’s biggest night.
The main awards ceremony airs Sunday, September 26th at 7pm EDT on Paramount+. To watch, follow these steps:
- If you don’t already have a Paramount+ account, sign up for a FREE 7-day trial here.
- If you don’t want to keep your account after the ceremony, no problem! Set yourself a reminder to cancel your account before the 7-day trial is up (If you create an account on Tonys day, ask Siri, Alexa, ‘Hey Google’ to remind you to cancel on October 1st.
- When posting on social media, be sure to use these hashtags: #ThisIsBroadway, #Broadway, #BroadwayIsBack, or #BroadwaysBack.
- Tune into the livestream, see if your predictions were right, and enjoy!
Following the awards, a celebration of live theater’s return will air on CBS at 9pm EDT. Follow these steps to watch Broadway’s Back!:
- Those with access to live cable can tune into Broadway’s Back! At your local CBS station. Check your local listings here.
- Don’t have cable? Well you’re in luck. Several streaming services like Hulu and YouTube have LiveTV packages, all of which offer free 7-day trials when you sign up.
- And let me know who your favorite performances are – if you’re not too busy singing and dancing along!
I can’t wait to see so many shows be honored after such a trying year and a half. But if I know anything, it’s that TheaterMakers can make it through anything. And I can’t wait to root alongside all of you this weekend.
Happy Tonys Weekend!