We’ve updated this blog with the best Broadway gifts on the market in 2018. Enjoy!
‘Tis the season! Turkey and Trimmings . . . and Tourists!
And . . . of course, gifts!
If shopping for that special Producer in your life has got your spreadsheets in a knot, fear not, below you’ll find 10 Great Gift ideas, well, that I’d love to get . . . so I figured they’d love to get them too!
And if you are a Producer or Want-To-Be-A-Producer, well, here’s where that “share” button comes in real handy. Just email this blog to your special Santa Clause and say, “If you love me, you’ll get me everything!”
And if that doesn’t work, you can just do what I do. Buy stuff for myself and justify it by saying, “I’m doing my part to stimulate the economy!” 🙂
Take Monopoly, mix it with Life and add a dash of Show Tune Charades and you get Be A Broadway Star (or BABS for short). A recent price reduction (now only $29.99) makes this the perfect holiday stocking stuffer for your Broadway lover. And yes, full disclosure, I created it. Buy it for $29.99 here.
Playbills are probably the one thing on the planet that is given away free, yet is priceless to a Broadway fan (especially a NEW Broadway fan). Protect them in this binder that includes free sheet protectors!
If you’re like me, then holiday times at the parents’ house includes puzzles. So forget about the ones with windmills and skylines, how about one featuring Broadway stars!
Need a stocking stuffer or a Broadway Secret Santa gift? This is it because it’ll come in under ANY budget.
The pen truly is mightier than the sword, especially when it’s a fancy pen. Seriously, whip out one of these suckers at a meeting and people will know you mean business. Broadway business. Most people wouldn’t buy them on their own, which is why they sure make great gifts. Buy it for about $300 on Amazon.
Take it from someone who didn’t use Final Draft who now does. You write faster with it. Period. Make your Writer/Producer more effective.
Show your Producer-to-be that you think they are part of the future, by getting him or her into the Broadway conference of the future, TEDxBroadway. It’s the ultimate educational and networking gift on this list, as the audience will be full of boldfaced names. Buy it for $100 from TEDxBroadway.com.
8. A Membership to Pro for your Pro!
If your Broadway fan wants to be more than a fan, then check out our membership site, which will teach him or her how to get from an idea to the page to the stage.
9. Playbill PJs
These adorable pajamas make me long for my days of sleepovers. And just look who they got to model them! (Can you name the Broadway star and her husband?)
Theater tickets are expensive. Which is why they make great gifts. Give a Telecharge.com gift card, and your Producer picks what they want to see. And you’ll be giving back to the biz at the same time. Gift cards can be a small part of your own personal Broadway stimulus package. Buy it from $25 at Telecharge.com.
In case nothing suits your fancy on the above list, then check out some of these honorable mentions:
- Microsoft Excel for Dummies
- Once On This Island Cast Album: If you love Ahrens and Flaherty, if you love great musical theater period, you’ll love this Tony-award winning cast, and so will the theater lover in your life.
- The Broadway Coloring Book: Created by my own Director of Marketing, Monica Hammond (I have such a multi-talented staff), The Broadway Coloring Book is available as an instant download PDF for you to print, color and enjoy right away or gift to friends! This 10-page coloring book features hand-drawn scenes from some classic Broadway shows, including Mamma Mia, Chicago, Cabaret, Gypsy and more! Color the costumes and sets of Broadway as many times as you like! Download your copy now!
- Fancy business cards
- Gift certificates to any Broadway eatery like Sardi’s, Joe Allen’s, Bond 45 or Angus
Got a great idea for a gift for a Producer? Let me hear it in the comments below. And happy shopping!