It’s hard enough to make it as a Producer on one coast, but both?
That kind of success is reserved for a very select group of moguls, and this week I got to sit down with one of them.
Paula Wagner has worn a lot of hats in the business on her way up the ladder, from Broadway actress to Powerhouse Agent to running a movie studio to producing movies like Mission Impossible . . . and yep, producing big Broadway shows like this season’s hit, Pretty Woman.
Could there be a better person to talk to about movies to musicals and vice-versa?
Paula and I talked about that, of course, as well as . . .
- The skills she learned as an agent that help her be a better Producer.
- What Hollywood does well that we could learn from and what Hollywood can learn from us!
- Eye-poppin’ idea that could save the movie industry (and it’s so simple).
- Why Pretty Woman was made to be a musical and why it’s doing what she thought it would (gross over $1mm a week!).
- Coming up in the entertainment industry as a female Producer and how that has changed. Or not.
Enjoy the Podcast and don’t forget to subscribe!
Click here for my podcast with Paula!
Listen to it on iTunes here. (And if you like the podcast, give it a great review while you’re there!)
Download it here.