It’s Tony Awards weekend!
If you’re like me, and I’m guessing you are, then you’ve been waiting for the 74th annual Tony Awards (which are technically last year’s) for a very long time.
You’ve probably noticed that the long-awaited broadcast is happening a little differently this year.
Well have no fear! I’ve put together a step-by-step list for everything you need to do to prepare for the theater industry’s biggest night.
The main awards ceremony airs Sunday, September 26th at 7pm EDT on Paramount+. To watch, follow these steps:
- If you don’t already have a Paramount+ account, sign up for a FREE 7-day trial here.
- If you don’t want to keep your account after the ceremony, no problem! Set yourself a reminder to cancel your account before the 7-day trial is up (If you create an account on Tonys day, ask Siri, Alexa, ‘Hey Google’ to remind you to cancel on October 1st.
- When posting on social media, be sure to use these hashtags: #ThisIsBroadway, #Broadway, #BroadwayIsBack, or #BroadwaysBack.
- Tune into the livestream, see if your predictions were right, and enjoy!
Following the awards, a celebration of live theater’s return will air on CBS at 9pm EDT. Follow these steps to watch Broadway’s Back!:
- Those with access to live cable can tune into Broadway’s Back! At your local CBS station. Check your local listings here.
- Don’t have cable? Well you’re in luck. Several streaming services like Hulu and YouTube have LiveTV packages, all of which offer free 7-day trials when you sign up.
- And let me know who your favorite performances are – if you’re not too busy singing and dancing along!
I can’t wait to see so many shows be honored after such a trying year and a half. But if I know anything, it’s that TheaterMakers can make it through anything. And I can’t wait to root alongside all of you this weekend.
Happy Tonys Weekend!