Davenport Theatrical Presents The 3rd Annual 10 Minute Play Contest
Broadway Producer Ken Davenport announces The 3rd Annual 10 Minute Play Contest! 10 ten minute plays or musicals will be selected from submissions to be featured in a presentation evening and vie for the title of ‘Best Play’ as chosen by a panel of industry professionals.
Finalists will receive a cash prize of $50 and the grand prize winner $500.
Entry rules are as follows:
Submissions are only accepted digitally (link for submissions is below).
- Writers may submit multiple plays, but each play submitted must be accompanied by the submission of an entry fee. Only one entry per playwright will be chosen as a finalist.
- Title page must include the playwright’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- The play, exclusive of title and cast pages, should be around 10 pages in length.
- There may be no more than 5 characters
- Finalists are responsible for all aspects and costs of their presentation
- Only original plays or musicals, never before produced, are eligible.
- $10 entry fee
Submission deadline is July 6th and finalists will be announced July 14!
The 3rd Annual 10 Minute Play Contest presentations will take place on Thursday July 31st. More details to follow.