Davenport Theatrical Presents
The Davenport Song Writing Contest
Broadway Producer Ken Davenport announces The Davenport Song Writing Contest! 10 songs will be selected from submissions to be featured in a presentation evening and vie for the title of ‘Best Song’ as chosen by a panel of industry professionals.
Finalists will receive a cash prize of $50 and the grand prize winner $500.
Entry rules are as follows:
Submissions are only accepted digitally (link for submissions is below).
- Writers may submit multiple songs, but each song submitted must be accompanied by the submission of an entry fee.
- Submissions must include a demo recording (professional quality not required) in addition to lyrics and sheet music.
- Cover sheet must include the composer and/or lyricist’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
- The final competition will include a live presentation of the 10 finalist’s songs in NYC on Thursday, January 30th. Finalists are responsible for providing singer(s) and accompaniment for the competition. A piano will be provided.
- Only original songs, never before produced, are eligible.
- $10 entry fee
Submission deadline is January 3rd and finalists will be announced January 17th!
The Davenport Song Writing Contest presentations will take place on Thursday January 30th. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance or at the door. More details to follow.