ATTENTION: Theatre Makers Who Want to Get Produced…
How Much Could YOU Advance Your Career in 2019 by Surrounding Yourself With Dozens of Genius Theatre Pioneers & Tony Award-Winners?
Fellow Theatre Makers,
Imagine… You walk into a room of like-minded industry leaders and Broadway legends and EVERYONE knows your name including...
- Tony Award-Winner David Henry Hwang
- Tony Award-Winner Stacey Mindich
- NYMF Producers
- Artistic Directors of Regional Theatres
- Award-Winning Off Broadway Producers and Playwrights
- Yale Playwriting Workshop Alumni
- Licensed Playwrights and Composers who have connections with MTI and other licensing companies
...the list goes on…
Now consider, they're all your friends in an “almost secret” society called The Inner Circle.
Look, it’s not what you know or EVEN who you know in this business but rather who knows YOU!
One connection, in an instant can change not just your life but the course of history.
Connections in business, as in theatre make the magic happen…
Connections create shortcuts and without them making theatre is hard, maybe impossible, and also a very lonely place.
Here is YOUR opportunity to change your life and the direction of your career forever.
This is a personal private invitation to my “secret society”….
The Inner Circle is a
Fact is that many have heard legend of The Inner Circle but most will never even see this letter.
I rarely advertise this group to the public, except at events and a few times per year to a select group, and I only accept the theatre makers that I feel I can help the most, and who can also contribute to the group’s overall success.
Since you’ve proven yourself to be committed to your career and interested my community, I would like to invite you to apply to join our ranks...
So What is The Inner Circle?
The Inner Circle is your best chance to work with the most brilliant successful theatre makers on Broadway, share insider information and form partnerships and collaborations that can last a lifetime.
It was started with four simple goals in mind:
- To bring together the greatest theatre minds to share stories and strategies, offer advice and reveal what's working (and what's not working) on their shows a few times each year. Our next Inner Circle weekend of 2019 is coming up on August 10th & 11th.
- To nurture collaboration between all of us that increases the level of success of every person involved.
- To create a support group of playwrights, producers, performers, directors and other theatre professionals who each intimately understand the struggles, challenges and joys of building a production from the ground up, and one where no one is ever left behind.
- To create a much-needed peer accountability group that holds each of its members accountable to achieving their highest station in life.
So far I think we have been pretty successful...
Some of our members include:
The Artistic Director of a well-known theatre who is in the process of raising $40,000,000 to build a new state-of-the-art theatre.
A Composer who has worked with the likes of Dolly Parton, been hired by Six Flags to create a new hip-hop musical, and more…
A Playwright who was accepted into the Yale Writer’s Workshop.
A Producer whose show is headed to NYMF.
...along with a room full of other theatre makers like you.
PLUS, for every Inner Circle weekend we bring in 3 Tony Award-winning Guest speakers. More on that to come…
You can look around, but I don't think you'll find a more powerful group of theatre makers anywhere at any price.
And that's why I'm hoping you'll join us...
Read Before You Apply
Membership in The Inner Circle is by invitation only, and it is only offered a few times each year.
On average, we receive hundreds of requests to join, but applications are made available to relatively few, and even fewer of those applications are accepted.
So with that in mind, here are some things to consider before you apply:
The Inner Circle has a strict no procrastinator policy. If you are not willing to put in the work and action your takeaways from each quarter, you will be removed from this group.
This group is for advanced career theatre professionals. If your show is still in “idea mode” or you’re just starting out in the theatre business, please do not apply.
There's almost NO challenge with your project that The Inner Circle can't solve, but you won't get maximum value unless you're willing to be totally transparent. If you’re not willing, please do not apply.
Imagine, Instantly Feeling Like Family, at Your Very First Meeting… That's The Inner Circle
The quarterly mastermind weekends are the core benefit of your Inner Circle membership.
We meet 4 times per year in New York City. You are able to attend all 4 meetings during your 12-month membership. Here are all our weekends in 2019:
- Aug 10-11, 2019
- Nov 2-3, 2019
- Feb 22-23, 2020
- **Inner Circle at Sea Cruise in Feb 2020!**
- May 16-17, 2020
At these meetings you'll get focused strategy time to actually work on your show, distraction FREE. We’ll cover any challenges you’re facing, roadblocks in your way . . . and then CRUSH THEM.
Think about how much you can accomplish in a two-day meeting, free from interruptions and fully focused on one thing . . . getting your show up on a stage.
But you must be willing to EXECUTE on the amazing ideas you hear, if not, please don't apply.
Executing on a single action item from The Inner Circle can return your entire year's investment in a moment, and to hear most members tell it, this happened dozens of times during EVERY single meeting.
PLUS in 2019 I’m giving away $20,000 in investments to my Inner Circle members as part of my Inner Circle contest, so it could literally end up costing you $0 to be a part of this incredible group.
The opportunities are right in front of you for the taking, so you can achieve much higher levels of success.
Meetings (Value - $10000)
You get to attend 4 mastermind meetings per year.
At these meetings you'll get a focused spotlight session to assess where you are and any roadblocks holding you back. You’ll also hear from 3 Tony Award-winning guests. Past guests have included:
- Tony Award-winner David Henry Hwang
- Tony Award-winner Stacey Mindich
- Tony Award-winner Dori Berinstein
- Tony Award-winner Joe DiPietro
- Tony Award-nominee Rick Elice
- Tony Award-winner Robyn Goodman
- Tony Award-winner Todd Haimes
- Tony Award-winner Hal Luftig
- Tony Award-winner Joe Mantello
- Tony Award-nominee Glenn Slater
- Tony Award-Winner Stephen Flaherty
- Tony Award-nominee Joe Iconis
- And many more
And in May we’ll be joined by 3 more Tony Award-Winners. Incredible right?
PRO at the Lead Producer Level (Value - $5000)
As a member of the Producer’s Perspective PRO at the Lead Producer level (top level), you receive access to ALL our training courses from day 1, instead of releasing 4 per month. You also have access to exclusive courses for advanced-career professionals like “Raise It: How to Raise Millions and Fast” and “Producing 101.” Additional benefits include:
- Monthly Office Hours Calls Live with Ken Davenport
- Training Course Library with 20+ Hours of On-Demand Learning for Producers
- Contact Lists for Producers, GMs, Agents and more
- Access to Writer, Producer & Actor Database
- Complimentary Ticket Offers
- Networking Mixers
- VIP Upgrade at the annual Super Conference
- Discounts on ALL Producer's Perspective Events
- Raising Money Toolbox
- $25 Bonus Bucks Each Month To Be Used Towards Events, Consults and Script Coverage
- Super Conference Video Archive (2017 & 2018)
Eligible to Apply for My Inner Circle Investment Contest (Value - $10,000)
In 2018 I gave away $10,000 to Jeff and Jacob Foy who are the creators of Emergency The Musical. They worked so hard throughout the year to get their show on a stage and followed ALL, and I mean ALL of my advice and they deserved that $10,000.
But, the winner is not selected by me. Nope. It’s done by vote. So you’re able to share the contest with as many friends, colleagues and collaborators as you want to help boost those votes. And in 2019 I’m giving away $20,000 in investments!! Your chances just doubled to get cold hard cash for your show from ME personally.
Unlimited Email Support from Me (Ken Davenport) (Value - Priceless)
You’ll have access to my personal email to ask me urgent questions as they arise. And since you’re a part of my Inner Circle, you get priority over all other inquiries.
Script Coverage with My Director of Creative Development (Value - $595)
Receive a written script coverage of your play or musical by my Director of Creative Development, Eric Webb. This is legitimate dramaturgical feedback on your project that I guarantee will help you improve.
Tickets to The Super Conference in November (Value - $1394)
Attend my annual Super Conference at no cost! If you're searching for an in depth look at the theatre industry, then this is your chance to learn from the very best in the business. Hear from Tony Award-Winning Producers, Agents, Playwrights, Lawyers and more.
And in 2019 we’re doing things a little differently; we’ll have one mainstage presentation at all times, in addition to breakout rooms to dive more deeply into specific topics that interest you.
Plus as an Inner Circle member you’ll receive exclusive VIP upgrades that usually cost THOUSANDS!
Accountability (Value - Priceless)
The group will hold your feet to the fire. If you commit to a plan at one meeting, you will be held accountable to that plan at the next. And heaven help you if you fail to do what you said you would do. The Inner Circle members are honest (as real friends are) and they can smell B.S. a mile away. Just know, however, that they always have your best interest at heart.
As you can see, membership definitely has its benefits. But to ensure our members are protected, there are also a few principles you must abide by...
- We believe theatre changes lives and makes the world a better place.
- Impossible is not in our vocabulary.
- We're constantly moving forward. We don't let roadblocks stand in our way.
- We create. We don't procrastinate.
- We are part of a supportive, savvy community.
- We set the stage for success. We don't wait for the phone to ring.
- We believe that everyone has a talent, and that with the right tools and training you can achieve your dreams.
So, How do you Get “Into” The Inner Circle?
Membership decisions are made by my team and I on a case-by-case basis based on four major criteria:
- What you are able and willing to contribute to the group
- Your willingness to learn and implement advice
- The stage you are at with your project (no beginners here)
- Recommendations of other Inner Circle members
If selected, annual dues are $10,000 ($13,500 if you do a payment plan).
This investment is non-negotiable. And frankly, if it seems expensive or out of reach, that's probably a sign that you're not a good fit for this group.
That may sound harsh, but think about it...
If you have a project you’re working on and want to get it to Broadway or Off Broadway, the investment of your time and energy alone is worth way more than $10,000 . . . and The Inner Circle will save you A TON of time and energy by providing you with the connections and resources you need to get your project to the next stage, literally.
Also, depending on how your project is set up fiscally, it can be a business write-off. Not sure what that means? This group probably isn’t for you.
You can get ahead on your own (maybe), but what will it cost you in valuable time, lost opportunity and lost profits? That's an expensive learning curve that The Inner Circle can turn into a straight line.
So now I have a question for you....
Will You Join Us?
We are currently in our open enrollment period for August of 2019, but time is short as our next Inner Circle weekend of 2019 is August 10th & 11th, so you need to get the ball rolling quickly.
No hard feelings if you can't join us right now, but if you're on the fence I highly recommend you apply and see what happens.
Even if you don't get in, at least we'll know who you are and a little more about your project, and I promise we'll do what we can to help you out and point you in the right direction.
The way we see it, it's the least we can do if someone has the patience to read this far and the guts to fill out the application.
But at the end of the day, there's only one way to find out...you gotta fill out and turn in the application. And there’s no obligation to join if you apply.
If you are accepted, you will be contacted by a member of my team within a few business days.
If by chance you DO you make it into The Inner Circle, it will likely change your life forever, and you might even change mine.
I look forward to that.
P.S. Have you ever heard the expression, "Knowledge is Power?"
Knowledge is handy...but knowledge alone is not power.
As the old adage goes, true power comes not from what you know...but from who you know. (Or more importantly...who knows YOU!)
The biggest breakthroughs come when knowledge is combined with connections, and that's exactly what The Inner Circle is all about: Knowledge + Experience + Connections.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Q.When and where are the meetings?
A. Meetings are held throughout the year in New York City. This year, the meetings will be held...
- Feb 2-3
- May 18-19
- Aug 10-11
- Nov 2-3
- 2020 dates to be announced!
Meetings start at 9:00am and go until at least 5:00pm, so members should plan to arrive the day before and fly out the day after or on Sunday evening.
Q. How do I know if I'm eligible to be a member?
A. As a general rule, if you have a show you’re trying to get Off Broadway, into a festival like NYMF or NAMT or on Broadway then this group is a great place for you.
Q. How long will it take to find out if I am accepted?
A. Applications are typically reviewed the day they are received, but please allow up to 7 business days to receive a call for a phone interview.
Q. What all comes with my Inner Circle membership?
- 4 Inner Circle Weekends in New York City
- 1 Script Coverage from our Director of Creative Development, Eric Webb ($495/value)
- 2 Free Tickets to our Super Conference (A $994 value)
- Membership to PRO at the Lead PRO level (All online training courses included at a $397/mo value)
- Monthly office hour calls with Ken
- Invitation to DTE Tony Party and other exclusive events
- Bring your collaborator to our Inner Circle Weekends
- Eligible to enter our Inner Circle Investment Contest for a chance to win $10k!
- And more
Can I coach with Ken?
We also offer coaching to a select few members of The Inner Circle. Coaching benefits include:
- ALL Inner Circle Benefits PLUS
- One hour of monthly coaching with Ken ($750/value per month).
- Ken's cell phone number for any "emergencies" throughout the month.
- 2 complimentary script coverage by Ken ($1990 value)
- Ken will attend 2 of your readings/workshops/performances ($3000 value). Travel not included, if outside of NYC.
- Attend a show with Ken on his Tony voter tickets
- 1 hour consult with our Director of Marketing (me) ($250 value)
- 1 hour consult with our General Manager ($250 value)
- 1 hour consult with our Producing Associate ($250)
I look forward to reviewing your application soon. Remember, our next Inner Circle weekend is right around the corner on May 18th and 19th!