5 Takeaways from the Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar.
Since we started the Get Your Show . . . seminar, I’m proud to say that we’ve gotten some pretty great feedback and had some pretty great success stories . . . so I’m glad that people are enjoying it. But I gotta tell you that I am really enjoying it. It is so much fun to get smart, creative and passionate people in a room and then brainstorm about their projects. It gets my juices flowing just like everyone else’s.
- Do a reading for two reasons: to learn about your show, and to get everyone (including yourself) excited about your show.
- You’ll find an agent, when you’re ready for an agent. Or better . . . the agent will find you.
- Plays weren’t meant to be read. They were meant to be seen. That’s why reading a script doesn’t sell a show like seeing it does.
- Producing a show is pure physics. An object in motion tends to stay in motion. It’s your job to start the motion.
- People love stories about people, not about products.
We’ve posted the schedule for the next year of seminars, so check ’em out and sign up here. A little bit of info: because of my tightening schedule, I’ve reduced the number of slots available for each seminar to only 8. Since we’ve sold out every one we’ve had, I’d register today if you are interested.
Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for a new seminar, specifically related to marketing that show of yours.
(Got a comment? I love ’em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
– 24 Days to Godspell! Read the day-by-day account of producing Godspell on Broadway here.
– Enter The Sunday Giveaway! Win 2 Tickets to Sister Act on Broadway. Click here!