5 Takeaways from the latest Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar.
What a Saturday seminar we had this week!
Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but we lowered the number of seminar participants a couple of sessions ago to give even more attention to the projects and/or problems presented. And the results have been fantastic.
This past Saturday, we had 8 folks come in to talk about getting their shows off the ground. It was a very dynamic presentation, and what always excites me about the seminars is the diversity of projects discussed. Man, you guys are a creative bunch.
As I always do, here is a recap of five takeaways that came out of our conversation:
- Unique is attractive. Spend more energy making your project unique, not just making it pretty.
- People investing in the theater are interested in an emotional return, not just a financial one.
- If there’s another show out there that’s similar to yours, forget about it, because you can’t control it. Just focus on making yours the best it can be, and the other one won’t be able to keep up.
- Focus on the step in front of you, not on the top of the staircase.
- The word ‘networking’ was hijacked by computer engineers. But true networking can’t be done through a computer. Get out and meet people just like you.
The next seminar is on Saturday, May 19th. Click here for more info and to get your spot. FYI, for the first time this far out, we are 50% sold, so grab a seat today.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
– Win 2 tickets to see Russian Transport at The New Group! Click here!
– Join me at the NY Cares Soiree! Get tix here.
– Take the Musical Boot Camp! Click here for info and an application.
– Broadway Road Trip from DC on 4/28. Click here.