Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but we lowered the number of seminar participants a couple of sessions ago to give even more attention to the projects and/or problems presented. And the results have been fantastic.
This past Saturday, we had 8 folks come in to talk about getting their shows off the ground. It was a very dynamic presentation, and what always excites me about the seminars is the diversity of projects discussed. Man, you guys are a creative bunch.
As I always do, here is a recap of five takeaways that came out of our conversation:
- Unique is attractive. Spend more energy making your project unique, not just making it pretty.
- People investing in the theater are interested in an emotional return, not just a financial one.
- If there's another show out there that's similar to yours, forget about it, because you can't control it. Just focus on making yours the best it can be, and the other one won't be able to keep up.
- Focus on the step in front of you, not on the top of the staircase.
- The word 'networking' was hijacked by computer engineers. But true networking can't be done through a computer. Get out and meet people just like you.
The next seminar is on Saturday, May 19th. Click here for more info and to get your spot. FYI, for the first time this far out, we are 50% sold, so grab a seat today.
(Got a comment? I love 'em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what's on your mind!)
- Win 2 tickets to see Russian Transport at The New Group! Click here!
- Join me at the NY Cares Soiree! Get tix here.
- Take the Musical Boot Camp! Click here for info and an application.
- Broadway Road Trip from DC on 4/28. Click here.
SIGN UP TODAY
Ken’s Current Shows
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsApr9WedApr12SatMay17Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioHow To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioMay 17 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmTo view alternate dates for “How to Raise Money for Your Show” Click Here. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing [...]Jun16Mon7:00 pm How to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosHow to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosJun 16 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmTo view alternate dates for the “How to Nail Your Audition Workshop″ click here. Do you want to improve your chances of getting your dream role? [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers